Contact and help
What does the Conseil des arts de Montréal do?
Since 1956, the Conseil des arts de Montréal has supported the continuous development of Montreal artists and arts organizations through direct and indirect financial assistance, consulting services and concerted action. Through its initiatives, the Conseil contributes to promoting Montreal as a major cultural metropolis.
Activities are financed by public funding provided by the Agglomeration Council and the Municipal Council of the City of Montreal and, since 1988, by donations from citizens, foundations and businesses. These activities reflect the issues, needs and interests expressed by all of its stakeholders:
- Artists and arts organizations
- Cultural workers
- Elected officials
- Municipal government
- Partners and donors
What programs and services does the Conseil des arts de Montréal offer?
The Conseil has put in place funding programs, as well as guidance, support and promotion services for the arts community. These actions, which contribute to the professional development of artists and arts organizations, can take different forms, such as grants, training activities, prizes and rental of studio spaces.
For further details on our programs and services, please use our search tool.
Who can benefit from the programs and services of the Conseil?
The programs and services of the Conseil are intended for artists, cultural workers, organizations and collectives in Montreal who work in the fields of artistic creation, production and presentation.
What types of financial support does the Conseil des arts de Montréal offer?
The Conseil offers various forms of financial support based on the nature of the project, the territory involved and the groups targeted.
General grant program
Through its financial support, this program contributes to supporting artistic excellence and encouraging the presentation of art, in all its forms, to various audiences. It is divided into several components, including the following:
- Project assistance supports arts collectives and organizations in realizing a non-recurring project.
- Operating assistance allows Montreal collectives and organizations to carry out their activities and fulfill their mandate.
- Fiscal sponsorship allows Montreal collectives and organizations to solicit donations from the community as representatives of the Conseil.
These initiatives are aimed at supporting the presence of artists in neighbourhoods and promoting local, national and international exposure. They are grouped into three support programs:
- The “Conseil des arts de Montréal en tournée,” a touring program offering more than 600 artistic performances per year, at a low price and close to where Montrealers live, in collaboration with municipal presentation networks Accès Culture and ADICIM
- Artist residencies, which respond to needs related to creating works of art, presenting them and bringing artists and the public together, in collaboration with various partners
- One-time projects, which promote creativity in targeted priority territories