Montreal, September 30, 2022 – Last July, Les Grands Ballets opened a call for proposals for creation, production, and broadcasting residencies, thanks to its partnership with Conseil des arts de Montréal for the third year in a row.
This collaboration allows the company to support and offer a residency to various artists, collectives, creation and production organizations who do not have access to studios on a regular basis. Equipped with exceptional technical and property resources, Les Grands Ballets can grant access to its rehearsal studios and its Studio-Théâtre. In addition to the services offered, Les Grands Ballets will offer coaching services to the artists, which will be given by the company’s artists and collaborators.
Les Grands Ballets is happy to unveil today the names of artists, collectives, and creation and production organizations from Montreal’s dance scene that have been chosen. The selected residencies are all creation residencies and will take place from September to December 2022, in Les Grands Ballets’ studios and its Studio-Théâtre.
- « Alone in the living room », Nicole Jacobs
- « An Ode to Kiran & Pradeep », Compagnie Kunal Ranchod
- « Les Dauphins et les Licornes », Maï(g)wenn et les Orteils
- « Flesh & sound », Vías arts et durabilité
- « YEAH », Nouveau Mouvement
- Nouvelle création, Other Animals
- « Pour tout vous dire », Anna Sanchez
- « FREED », Rozenn Lecomte
Criteria of eligibility
This call for proposals adressed artists, collectives and creation and production organizations whose main place of residence is on the Island of Montreal.
- Projects of emerging artists, collectives and dance organizations (less than 5 years of practice/performance in a professional context) who contribute professionally to the artistic development and promotion of their discipline, for the purpose of supporting their positioning and their consolidation.
- Projects of artists, collectives and organizations from diverse cultural backgrounds to help increase their presence and their full recognition among Montreal’s artistic and cultural community.
- Eco-responsible projects that embody initiatives related to sustainable development.
About Les Grands Ballets
A creation and production company, Les Grands Ballets Canadiens is devoted to the development of dance in all its forms, building on the discipline of classical ballet.
Under the artistic direction of Ivan Cavallari, some fifty Canadian and international dancers – accompanied by Les Grands Ballets Orchestra – bring the great classics of ballet to the stage, as well as the creations and repertoire of established and emerging contemporary artists.
Located in the heart of Montréal’s Quartier des spectacles, Les Grands Ballets is wholly committed to give to as many people as possible access to dance, whether through the Nutcracker Fund for Children, leisure activities in the Grands Ballets STUDIOS or with the National Centre for Dance Therapy (NCDT), which is devoted to greater wellbeing through the benefits of dance.
Through the excellence of its productions and the scope of its cultural and social actions, the company seeks to inspire discovery and conjure emotions, stimulate the imagination, convey a passion for dance and create a lasting impact.
About Conseil des Arts de Montréal
Since 1956, the Conseil des arts de Montréal has been supporting the continuous development of Montreal artists and arts organizations through direct and indirect financial assistance, consulting services and concerted action. Through its initiatives, the Conseil contributes to promoting Montreal as a major cultural metropolis.