This collaboration will allow the company to support and offer a residency to various artists, collectives, creation and production organizations who do not have access to studios on a regular basis. In addition to the services offered, Les Grands Ballets will offer coaching services to the artists, which will be given by the company’s artists and collaborators.
Equipped with exceptional technical and property resources, Les Grands Ballets will be able to grant access to their rehearsal studios and their Studio-Théâtre and offer the following services, free of charge:
- Two Production/Recording residencies for a maximum of 6 days per project in the Studio-Théâtre
- One creation residency in a large studio for a duration of up to 70 hours
- Two creation residencies in a standard studio for up to 35 hours
- The residencies will take place from September to December 2022.
Only artists, collectives, and professional-level dance creation-production organizations whose main place of residence is on the Island of Montreal are invited to apply.
We privilege projects of emerging artists, collectives and dance organizations (less than 5 years of practice/performance in a professional context) who contribute professionally to the artistic development and promotion of their discipline, for the purpose of supporting their positioning and their consolidation.
We privilege projects of artists, collectives and organizations from the cultural diversity to help increase their presence and their full recognition among Montreal’s artistic and cultural community.
We privilege eco-responsible projects that embody initiatives related to sustainable development.
How to apply and deadlines
- Dance artists, collectives or organizations who are interested must submit:
- A biography of the company and/or the artists involved in the project
- A letter of intent describing the requested service and the project
- A form filled with the technical facts and desired residency dates submitted through Google Form.
- Application files must be submitted by email before July 31, 2022, at the following address: email@example.com.
For further inquiries please contact Jonathan Heredia de la Cruz, Leisure and professional services manager at the same address. An acknowledgement receipt will be sent to candidates, and a response will follow by August 19 at the latest.
Click here to learn more about the technical specifications of our spaces.
*Given the current pandemic, certain conditions may apply. *