1. General Information
Protecting your privacy is important to Conseil des arts de Montréal (hereinafter “CAM“, “we“, “our“). This is why we have implemented safeguards and firm management practices to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
By using our website www.artsmontreal.org (the “Website“) or any of our Services, including our Feedback Form you agree that we may collect, use, process, disclose and retain your Personal Information in accordance with the terms and conditions described herein. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by this Policy, you may not visit, access, or use our Website or Services or share your Personal Information with us. However, we invite you to contact our Data Protection Officer to discuss an arrangement that may be suitable for you.
This Policy does not apply to Personal Information of CAM’s employees, agents, and consultants, or any other person affiliated with CAM, or to any information that is not Personal Information as defined by applicable law.
1.2 Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints regarding our privacy practices and policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer (as defined below) at the following address:
Telephone : 514 280-3589
Address: 1210, rue Sherbrooke Est, Montréal, H2L 2L9
The following words and expressions, when appearing with a capitalized first letter in the Policy, shall have the meanings set forth below, unless otherwise implied or expressed in the text:
“Data Protection Officer” means the person who is responsible for the enforcement and the implementation of this Policy and whose contact information is identified in Section 1.2 above.
“Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could be linked, directly or indirectly, to a person, whatever the nature of its medium and whatever the form in which the information is accessible (written, graphic, sound, visual, computerized or other). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, information that reveals something about the identity, characteristics (e.g., the abilities, preferences, psychological tendencies, predispositions, mental abilities, character, and behavior), or activities of that person.
“Service Provider” means any person or entity that processes data on behalf of CAM. These are third-party companies or individuals with whom CAM contracts to facilitate the Services, to provide the Services on behalf of CAM, to perform services related to the Services or to assist CAM in analyzing the use of the Services.
“Services” means the Website and all related services offered by CAM, including professional services and, where applicable, associated media, printed materials, and “online” or electronic documentation.
3. Processing of Personal Information
3.1 Collection of Personal Information
Your Consent to Share your Personal Information with Us
In the course of our business, we may collect, process and use different types of Personal Information that you provide to us as permitted by law, including the information listed below.
We may collect different types of Personal Information while operating our business and providing our Services. These include, but are not limited to:
Via our Website or Forms
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number
- Information automatically collected through the use of our Website and Services, including:
- Website usage and other technical data, such as your IP address, the pages you visited, the time and date of your visits, the number of connections, depersonalized saving of your session, the type of browser you were using, the operating system of your device and other hardware and software information
In the execution of mandates that you entrust to us:
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your resume, criminal history information, and other information you provide to us when you apply for a job at CAM
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number
- Transaction and payment information, such as the payment method used, date and time, payment amount, billing address, your address, and other related information
- Information you choose to provide or share with us, for example, when you fill out a form, respond to surveys or contact one of our employees or representatives, including your preferences or interests
In each case, such Personal Information is processed in accordance with the legitimate and necessary purposes listed in Section 3.2 below.
3.2 Use of Personal Information
As stated in Section 3.1, we only use your Personal Information as permitted by law. We may use your Personal Information for the legitimate purposes described below:
- To provide Services to you
- To allow you to sign up for our newsletter
- Operate, administer, maintain, monitor, develop, improve and provide all the features of our Website
- To meet our obligations under applicable laws and regulations
- Develop new Services and improve our Website and Services
- For marketing and business development purposes, if you have previously consented to the processing of your personal information for these purposes
- Send you messages, updates, security alerts
- Answer your questions and provide assistance when needed
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other feature of the Website or our Services
- Collect opinions and comments about our Services
- Conduct research and analysis related to our business and Services
- Detect and prevent fraud, errors, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activities
- Establish, exercise or defend a right or proceeding in court
- Send you communications as required by law
- Enable an individual to apply for employment with CAM.
- For any other purpose permitted or required by law
Please note that we do not use the information we collect to draw any inferences or interpretations.
The Personal Information we collect and store securely on Microsoft and CAM servers located in the United States and Montreal. Please be assured that this Personal Information is disclosed only when we have a legal obligation to do so.
3.3 Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, consultants, agents, Service providers and other trusted third parties who need to know that information in order to help us operate our Website, conduct and protect our business, or serve you, provided that such Service Providers have previously agreed in writing to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws and our Information Governance Program.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties, subject to exceptions provided by law.
3.3.1 Service providers and other third parties
While we try to avoid sharing your Personal Information with third parties, we may use Service Providers to perform various services on our behalf, such as IT management and security, marketing, and data analysis, hosting and storage.
When we disclose your Personal Information to Service Providers, we enter into written contracts with them before your Personal Information is disclosed to them and we provide them with only the Personal Information that is necessary to perform their mandate. As part of these contracts with our Service Providers, we are committed to the principles set out in this Policy and these Service Providers are required to use Personal Information as directed by us and only for the purposes for which it was provided. In addition, these Service Providers provide us with sufficient guarantees that they will implement appropriate safeguards that are proportionate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information being processed or disclosed. When our Service Providers no longer need your Personal Information, we require them to destroy such data appropriately.
3.3.2 Compliance with legislation, responding to legal requests, preventing harm, and protecting our rights
We may disclose your Personal Information when we believe that such disclosure is authorized, necessary, or appropriate, including:
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- To protect our operations and business
- To comply with legal proceedings
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, or those of you or others
- To allow us to seek available remedies or limit the damages we may suffer
- In accordance with applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence
Wherever possible, CAM obtains directly from the person concerned consent to collect, use and disclose their Personal Information. However, if you provide us with Personal Information about other individuals, you must ensure that you have properly notified them that you are providing their Personal Information to us and have obtained their consent to such disclosure.
We will seek your express consent before using or disclosing your Personal Information for purposes other than those set out herein.
3.5 Retention of Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws, we keep your Personal Information only for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected unless you consent to have your Personal Information used or processed for another purpose. As an indication, the duration of certain information may extend up to 7 years following the end of the Services rendered by CAM to you. In addition, our retention periods may be modified from time to time due to legitimate interests (for example, to ensure the security of Personal Information, to prevent abuse and breaches, or to prosecute criminals).
For more information about our retention periods, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact information provided in Section 1.2 of this Policy.
4. Your Rights
As a data subject, you may exercise the rights set out below by completing the form available here and sending it by e-mail or by mail to the attention of our Data Protection Officer at the contact information provided in Section 1.2 above:
- You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your Personal Information and to request a paper copy of the documents containing your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions provided by applicable law
- You have the right to have Your Personal Information corrected, amended, and updated if it is incomplete, ambiguous, out of date, or inaccurate
- You have the right to withdraw or change your consent to our processing of your Personal Information at any time, subject to applicable legal and contractual restrictions
- You have the right to ask us to stop disclosing your Personal Information and to de-index any link attached to your name that provides access to that information if such disclosure violates the law or court order
- You have the right to request that your Personal Information be disclosed to you or transferred to another organization in a structured, commonly used technological format
- You have the right to make a complaint to the appropriate data protection authority, subject to the requirements of applicable law
To process your request, you may be asked to provide appropriate identification or otherwise identify yourself. We will do our best to respond within thirty (30) days.
If you are not satisfied with our use of your Personal Information or our response to any exercise of these rights, you have the right to complain to the relevant data protection authority.
5. Security Measures
Le CAM a mis en place des mesures de sécurité physiques, technologiques et organisationnelles visant à protéger adéquatement la confidentialité et la sécurité de vos renseignements personnels contre la perte, le vol ou tout accès, divulgation, reproduction, communication, utilisation, modification non autorisée. Ces mesures comprennent notamment la dépersonnalisation, le contrôle d’accès, la séparation des tâches, etc.
CAM implements a range of reasonable physical, technological and organizational security measures to adequately protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information against loss, theft, or unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, communication, use, modification, or destruction. These measures include encryption, access control, segregation of duties, internal audit, and confidentiality agreements with our Service Providers, etc.
Among the various measures implemented:
- Our Website has a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol that ensures a secure connection between your device and our server
- We use secure firewalls to protect your data and ensure that we are able to provide you with an adequate level of security
- We have implemented access measures to Personal Information that limit access only to those individuals who have a valid reason to view, process, communicate or otherwise use your information
- Companies and third parties who do business with CAM and with whom we may need to share your Personal Information have previously agreed to protect the confidentiality and privacy of that information
Despite the measures described above, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. If you have reason to believe that your Personal Information is no longer secure, please contact our Privacy Officer immediately using the contact information provided in Section 1.2 above.
7. Links to Third-Party Websites
We may from time to time include on our Website references or links to websites, content, products, or services provided by third parties (“Third-Party Services“). These Third-Party Services, which are not operated or controlled by CAM, are governed by privacy policies that are entirely separate and independent from this Policy. We, therefore, assume no responsibility for the content and activities of these websites. This Policy applies only to the Website and the Services we offer. The Policy does not extend to any Third-Party Services.
8. Contact Us