The Conseil des arts de Montréal is proud to announce that 46 new Montréal arts organizations are now being supported by the Two-Year Operating Grant Program under its General Funding Program.
Wishing to assist Montréal’s arts ecosystem as much as possible and to support organizations’ missions, the Conseil issued a special call last fall for eligible arts organizations that had not previously received operational support. The aim of this program is to provide reliable support to a greater number of organizations. After receiving a $670,000 annual budget increase from the City of Montréal for fiscal year 2023, the Conseil chose to put $560,000 toward this initiative.
Of the 97 applications received, 46 were accepted, for a 47% acceptance rate. Of the total sum invested, 26% is being allocated to organizations from priority groups, 4.5% of which are Indigenous arts organizations.
It should be noted that although they were not selected to receive two-year operating grants, 17 organizations received support for their projects following this peer review for each artistic discipline.
The Conseil is delighted to welcome new arts organizations to its General Funding Program and help consolidate Montréal’s creative core to the best of its financial ability.
The program provides stable and comprehensive assistance to support research, creation, production and presentation of artistic projects, including activities and/or services that improve artists’ working conditions. With funding spread out over two years, it helps arts organizations achieve their mandates. Eligible professional arts organizations must have received two project assistance grants under the General Funding Program over a period of up to five years.
List of new organizations supported by the Two-Year Program
- Animation Studio 3
- Architek Percussion
- Artopole – Maison d’entrepreneuriat artistique
- Association québécoise des marionnettistes A.Q.M.
- Atelier La Coulée – coopérative de solidarité – Sculpture. Métal. Soudure.
- Berceurs du temps
- Contemporary Native Art Biennial
- CAPAS Inc. (Agence Mickaël Spinnhirny)
- Centre des musiciens du monde
- Cinéma Public
- Cirque Hors Piste
- Compagnie Catherine Gaudet
- Coopérative de solidarité Tënk Canada
- Danse à la Carte
- DARE-DARE, centre de diffusion d’art multidisciplinaire de Montréal
- Diffusion le vrai monde?
- Éditions Dent-de-lion
- Ensemble Scholastica
- Diversity District
- Festival des arts de ruelle
- Festival Filministes
- Flûte Alors!
- Guido Molinari Foundation
- Hors Champ
- Je suis Julio – Le Radeau
- La compagnie des autres
- La maison des cultures nomades
- La poésie partout
- La revue Moebius
- Le Monastère
- Les Rugissants
- Les soeurs kif-kif
- Maï(g)wenn et les Orteils
- A.A.L. Partageons le monde
- Page par Page
- Publications Zinc
- Singulier Pluriel
- Société jazz de Saint-Henri
- Système Kangourou
- Tenon Mortaise, théâtre multidisciplinaire
- Théâtre des Petites Âmes