Dynamic, colourful, diversified: the Conseil des arts de Montréal is a reflection of its city and artistic community.
Motivated by its mission to support and recognize artistic excellence, the Conseil identifies, supports and recognizes experimentation, discovery and boldness. Its policies stimulate innovation and promote emerging artists and cultural diversity.
Through its grants, tours, residencies, awards, like the Grand Prix du Conseil des arts de Montréal, and mobilization initiatives, often created in partnership, the Conseil annually supports over 350 cultural organizations.
By valuing public participation in the arts, most notably by showcasing local artists in all areas of the island, the Conseil has helped make Montreal the vibrant and creative city it is today.
Our latest news:
- Assistez au dévoilement des résultats de la première étude portant sur la diversité des pratiques professionnelles en danse à Montréal
- Get your tickets for the 30e Grand Prix du Conseil des arts de Montréal
- $20,000 in private bursaries for emerging artists awarded by the Jeunes Mécènes pour les Arts
- Montréal Space for Life and the Conseil des arts de Montréal Announce the Winner of Their First Joint Competition, L’Esprit des lieux
- Portraits d’écrivains fait peau neuve
- The Conseil des arts de Montréal and BAnQ offer a residency to an established Montreal writer
All our news
December 15 2014: Libres comme l'art
December 15 2014: General Financial Assistance Program for Arts Organizations
• Biennial Operating Grants for all organizations in the following disciplines: circus arts, digital arts, visual arts, film/video, music, new artistic practices and multidisciplinary presentation (odd cycle - grants given in 2015)
• Project grants for festival and event (all disciplines)
January 15 2015: Vivacité Montréal
January 30 2015: Writer in residence at BAnQ
January 30 2015: Filmmaker in residence