November 29 2022
Lunch & Learn: Philanthropy
Looking for fundraising campaign strategies and resources to approach and motivate donors and volunteers? These workshops and panel discussions will help you develop your philanthropic skills. Take advantage of it, it's free!
Lunch & Learn: Philanthropy
Who were these Philanthropy Lunch & Learn activities created for?
Organizations supported by the Conseil des arts de Montréal, especially managers, cultural workers, volunteers and administrators. We also encourage board members to take advantage of these activities.
What coaching activities are available?
Every fall, we organize at least three free coaching events. They take place in the Atrium, at the Maison du Conseil des arts de Montréal. All events are held in French, but participants can ask questions in English. A lunch is provided. We strongly suggest you bring note-taking materials and a reusable water bottle.
Dates for Fall 2022
- October 12
- December 6
Location: Conseil des arts de Montréal’s Atrium
When: from 11:30 to 13:30 (start of workshops at 11:45)
Mastering the board of directors’ rules of the game – Rules and policies
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Registration deadline: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
The Conseil des arts de Montréal has invited Concertation Montréal to make this presentation on governance and rules of ethics.
- Why are these governance tools essential?
- What should the rules cover?
- Why, when and how should they be updated?
- Nabila Ghernati, Project Manager | Leadership Montréal, C|MTL
- Philippe Massé, Team Lead, Diversity and Parity, C|MTL
Introduction to endowment funds
Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Diversifying revenues streams pays big dividends! Including endowment funds can boost the impact of your organization’s fundraising strategy. Experts from the Foundation of Greater Montréal will be joining us to address the following questions about endowment funds.
- What are endowment funds? What are the different kinds of funds?
- How can NPOs benefit from endowment funds? What are their disadvantages?
- How can endowment funds be managed strategically?
- What should you do if you want to start an endowment fund?
- Linda Tchombé, Director, Philanthropic Development at the Foundation of Greater Montreal
- Donor retention: What’s the best way to let the community know what you’re doing?
- Understanding donor relationships
- Establishing an effective and representative board of directors
- Charitable organizations 101
- Round table: Getting started in philanthropy
- Round table: Strategies for benefit events
- Collaborative workshop with the Machinery: Getting the most out of databases
- Governance and philanthropy
- The art of networking
- Better understanding planned giving
- Using data to activate and engage an arts organization’s network
- Assessing impact
- Drafting requests for financial support (corporate vs. individual)
- Philanthropic culture
- Fundraising campaigns
- Storytelling – The art of telling compelling fundraising stories
- How to obtain a charitable registration number
- Building relationships with donors
- Volunteering: Identifying needs, recruiting and recognizing volunteers
- All about benefit events!
How do I register?
Register for free through this link.
Watch video recordings from previous workshops
December 1, 2021
Charitable Organizations 101
November 3, 2021
Donor Retention: How to communicate with our community about our actions?
October 6, 2021
Understanding donor relationships
September 22, 2021
Establishing a committed, effective and representative board of directors
Need more information?
Bring the arts to lifeAll news