Support for first work experiences in arts-related positions
Deadline : October 30, 2015
Making the transition from school to the job market is not always easy. With little experience or an inadequate network, landing that first dream job in the arts can be tricky. This program aims to accelerate the process of integration into the employment market.
Over a 26-week period, young artists or cultural workers will be able to benefit from paid internships, where they will be able to work with experienced artists and administrators, hone their skills, and build up a network of contacts. At the same time, they will be helping to strengthen and develop their host organizations. This experience, moreover, will increase their chances of long-term employment.
The program has two types of on-the-job training:
• administrative (management, communication, production and distribution);
• artistic and technical (intended for artists, dancers, actors, musicians, circus artists, lighting designers, stage directors, costume designers, set designers, choreographers, writers, curator, artistic director, programmer, producer, etc.).
For the participant:
• Post-secondary diploma obtained within the last five years;
• Aged between 16 and 30;
• Experiencing difficulties entering the job market;
• Canadian citizen or landed immigrant for at least one year;
• Reside in Greater Montreal.
For the organization:
• Must satisfy the eligibility criteria of the general programs of the Conseil des arts de Montréal;
• Must work in one of the following fields: circus arts, visual arts (including architecture, design, and crafts), film/video, digital art, dance, literature (including cultural periodicals), new artistic practices (multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary), music and theatre, multidisciplinary sector or offer support to emerging artists in these fields;
• Must be a registered non-profit organization for the past year;
• Must be based on the Island of Montreal;
• Must have a Board of Directors composed primarily of Canadian citizens or landed immigrants;
• Must have, as its principal mission, the creation, production and presentation of arts activities.
Criteria and conditions 15-16
Registration Form 15-16
For more information on this program, please contact:
Project Manager, Emerging Artists
Conseil des arts de Montréal
1210, Sherbrooke St. E.
Montréal (Québec) H2L 1L9
This program is made possible through the financial support of Service Canada, in cooperation with Stratégie d'emploi jeunesse, Fonds de Solidarité FTQ, Forum jeunesse de l'île de Montréal and Conseil des arts de Montréal through the program ORAM (Outiller la relève artistique montréalaise).